Spring at last and all around the country farms are full of newly born lambs and calves. The pupils at Scoil Aonghusa were delighted to receive a visit from a 4 day old pet lamb which was brought in by one of the families at the school. All the children had the opportunity to feed the lamb his morning bottle and learn all about him. 1st/2nd/3rd class teacher Mrs Noreen O’Regan used the opportunity to teach the children about sheep farming and they discussed breeds of sheep, names of adult male (ram) and female (ewe), how and why they were farmed for wool, meat and milk and what they ate. The children then put their writing skills into practice and wrote an essay about sheep farming.
Upcoming Events :
- Application forms for enrolment are still available from the office. Please contact 022-55314 between 9.00am and 1.00pm to speak to our secretary Christine.
- Scoil Aonghusa have been awarded the Discover Science and Maths plaque for Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths( STEM) excellence. We are very proud of our boys and girls for this wonderful achievement
- Important dates and times:
- School will reopen on Wednesday, August 29th.
- School times are as follows:
- Start time: 9am (all classes)
- Finish time: 2.40 pm (1st-6th class) 1.40pm( Senior Infants) 12.30pm ( Junior Infants for the first two weeks until the 10th of September)
- Booklists can be found under the Parents tab along the top of the page.
- Keep updated on school events in The Vale Star and The Corkman newspapers and online through Facebook & Twitter.
- 29 Aug 2018 - Back to School